Politecnico di Torino
The Politecnico di Torino was founded in 1906, and was preceded by the Scuola di Applicazione per gli Ingegneri (Technical School for Engineers) founded in 1859. It one of the most prestigious institutions to study engineering and architecture and it is a center of excellence for training and research in Europe, with close relationships and collaborations with the economic and social system.
32,000 students attend the Politecnico every year; about 18% of them are foreigners, and come from nearly 100 countries. The Politecnico promotes theoretical and applied research, the ability to achieve concrete and reliable productive processes and to organize services, offering excellent technologies.
The Politecnico offers a broad and diversified education, ranging from Aerospace Engineering to Telecommunications, from Biomedical Engineering to Mechatronics, to the more recently developed courses such as Industrial Design, Automotive Engineering and Engineering of Cinema and Media Communication. The course catalogue is enriched by post-bachelors Masters and post-master’s Specializations, together with numerous continuing-education courses.
The Politecnico di Torino can be defined as a “Research University”: every year it draws about 800 research contracts with companies, public and private institutions, local organizations. The Cittadella Politecnica (Main Campus) is the place where this cooperation finds a concrete support: a place not only for study and research, but also an attraction for investments by large international companies that have settles there their own research centers.
- Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24,10129 Torino